Saturday, December 18, 2010

Flat Kira and the wrestler

Dear Kira Rose,

When I get home to Oakdale, I'll tell you the true story of how I escaped going to middle school yesterday.  It was kind of nice having Grandmommy's house--messy enough to make exploring loads of fun--all to myself.  I played Christmas music all day on her new CD changer.  (Glad she figured out that wiring-speakers-to-a-receiver puzzle Thursday  night!)

I really had meant to sneak back into my envelope when Grandmommy came home to eat, get school stuff out of the car, and presents (to go under Michael and Cassie's tree) in the car.  She was in such a rush that she never noticed I'd fallen asleep on the couch in the study, exhausted from all the mischief I'd been into while she was at work.

I finally got to meet some of your Southern family today--Campbell (not pictured),


Aunt Michelle and Uncle Rick, and

Mason, the wrestler!!!

Anyway, I spent hours and hours today in a high school gym (I wonder if she plans to take me to a college next!)!  Mason was doing this stuff called wrestling.  It looked like fighting to me--the playing around kind of fighting--but kids were getting medals for it!  Mason just missed getting a medal this time but, from all the clapping and cheering everyone was doing, he must have fought pretty well.  He was smiling--not so much in our picture but later in the day.

Did you know that Mason and Campbell call Grandmommy Nonny?  You didn't tell me she has two different names! I heard Grandmommy, aka Nonny, telling Mason and Campbell that she'd be taking them to the movies Tuesday--something about seeing someone named Harry Potter?--and then maybe Christmas shopping.  Wonder if I'll get to go to the movies and shopping with them . . .

She's got that Christmas music going again.  I'm thinking a nap sounds like a good idea!

I'll write more later . . .

Love you bunches!

Flat Kira

No comments: