Friday, December 31, 2010

the two Kiras and Grandmommy: a Christmas story

I really enjoyed having both Kiras visit me in South Carolina the week after Christmas.  Flat Kira was overjoyed when she looked down from her favorite eucalyptus wreath perch one morning to see Kira Rose eating a bowl of the Cookie Crisp cereal she had helped me buy at the grocery store!


Flat Kira really liked Kira Rose's Christmas presents too.  But Kira Rose needed a crimper, more beads, pendants, and earring wires to go with the collection of beads Aunt Michelle had given her.  And how would she fill her sketch pad with drawings if she didn't have graphite and water color pencils and something to sharpen them with?  So Flat Kira and Kira Rose went shopping with me for even more craft supplies on New Year's Eve.

 Flat Kira is safely in the hands of Kira Rose's mother now, all set for their trip home to Pennsylvania on New Year's Day.  This is the last chapter in a story that I've so enjoyed writing!  Kira Rose, may you always remember, with the help of Flat Kira's saga, the Christmas when you were eight . . .

Love you bunches, my two Kiras!

Happy 2011!!!

Grandmommy

No comments: